Expertise in policing creates future security
We combine strong expertise in policing with higher education as well as the skills, knowledge and attitudes required by both. We educate experts in internal security and leadership who act ethically and learn continuously throughout their careers.
We use forward-looking education to meet the expectations directed at the police and respond to changes in the operational environment. We experiment boldly and try out new things. We encourage participation in the research and development of working life practices.
We build a common view of our education and ensure in-depth learning and well-being within the university college community. We support the ability to study and learn based on the principle of a constantly learning organization.
This is how we reach our goals
- In the planning of our education, we utilize foresight information as well as information about the operational environment systematically.
- We develop learning outcomes, contents, teaching and evaluation methods and learning environments on the basis of research data and best practices.
- We strengthen compatibility with working life through personal rotation and other competence development practices.
A competent university college community
- We plan and implement education based on the principles of constructive alignment.
- We encourage everyone to think, act, investigate, and experiment creatively.
- We appreciate and support the continuous improvement of know-how and expertise.
- We are active in partnership networks within the fields of education and research and with various authorities that support teaching and studying.
- We develop our education and working life together with our partners.
- We offer diverse student and staff exchange programs and cross-institutional studies.
- We implement our sustainable development goals and strengthen our competence in responsibility.
- We comply with the ethical principles of teaching, research, open science and the police.
- We support diverse ways of learning.
The principles of our education
Students have an active role. We take the needs of diverse learners into consideration. We ensure a safe and confidential atmosphere. We promote learning by using diverse teaching methods, evaluation practices and both authentic and digital learning environments. We encourage feedback.
We study, teach and work in multiprofessional teams. Our education is based on co-teaching. We encourage sharing of skills and knowledge as well as experimentation with new methods. We are accountable for the welfare of ourselves and each other. We strengthen an interactive university college community together.
Our education is based on the national qualification framework. Our competency-based curricula ensure compliance with the standards of higher education, close cooperation with working life and the development of professional and general competencies.
Shared pedagogic management
We share pedagogic management. We promote cooperation and collegiality between actors. We support and guide the planning and development of education and everyday work in teaching. We manage competence to enable each individual, the team and the whole organization to learn, develop and reach their goals.
Pedagogic policies illustration